Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

Book Review

eBook
Project Gutenberg
Read on my iPhone using the Stanza application

Book Details

I read this book because I had recently finished Alice in Wonderland, and I wanted to read both stories before I saw the movie. Fortunately, I finished this one on the afternoon before the evening I was off to see the movie.

What did I think of this one? I was disappointed. What I loved about Alice in Wonderland was in Through the Looking Glass, but on steroids. It was so crazy, so dreamlike, that I could barely follow what was happening. I felt like it lost its charm for me. It was just so weird and strange.

I am trying to think of something about it that I like, but I can't. I am trying to think of some specific examples of what I didn't like, but it was the whole vibe of the book that just didn't do it for me. I didn't care about Alice this time around. It just didn't do it for me.

Summary

What kind of read is this?
A weird read, I felt a bit like the author might have been on an LSD trip when it was written.

Do I recommend it?
Definitely not. Do not read this. Just stick with Alice in Wonderland.

Do I recommend that you buy it?
See above.

Star Rating

2 / 8

Don't bother (sorry Lewis)




Originally posted 6 April 2010 Page Turners

No comments