Classics Challenge 2010: Complete





You can read all the details of the challenge at the Classics Challenge Blog. I started this a bit late, but I still aimed for the top level of 6 classics, and I am already finished! 

The great thing about this challenge was that it acknowledged that there are many different definitions of a classic book. It also encourages you to consider what your idea of a classic is by providing suggestions for classics that a beginner might like to read and an idea for a book that might become a future classic. 

I suggested that a beginner might like to start with The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald, and the We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates might one day be considered a classic. I completed the top level of Classic Feast - 6 books:

The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Timeless Land by Eleanor Dark
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
Flatland by Edwin A Abbott
The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

I am sure that I will read many more by the end of the challenge. Join in the challenge if you love classics!


Originally posted 18 July 2010 Page Turners

No comments