The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood


The Year of the Flood
by Margaret Atwood is one of the best books I read in 2010 and one that I cannot recommend any higher to everyone. 


It is not very often that I fail to review a book, but this is a book that is so fabulous that no review I write could ever do it justice. Atwood has outdone herself and I think that this is now one of my most favourite Atwood novels, if not one of my favourite novels of all times. It is a novel that follows on from Oryx and Crake, which I was as equally blown away by when I read it.

The Year of the Flood surpasses its predecessor in so many ways that I couldn't even begin to attempt to articulate what I loved about it. Suffice it to say that this is a book that you should read, no matter who you are (although you probably read Oryx and Crake first).

In order to make up for the deficiency in this review here is the link to The Year of the Flood's website.

There have been many posts out there recently about The Year of the Flood and dystopian fiction. If you have read this book and reviewed it, please feel free to leave a link to your review. Is there is anyone else out there that was as impressed with this book as I was?



8 / 8:
One of the best books I have ever read. Everyone should read it - it is totally amazing. I am in love.



 


Originally posted 11 January 2011 Page Turners

No comments