June 2010

That's A Wrap - June 2010

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY - PLEASE JOIN IN THIS FUN MEME!

Book Reviews

I can't believe that the year has flown past so quickly. It's already halfway finished - craziness. I had the biggest month of reviews that Page Turners has ever seen! I hope you get a chance to have a look at some that catch your eye:
  • A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif
  • The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard (Australian)
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • The Call of the Wild by Jack London
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling
  • The Timeless Land by Eleanor Dark (Australian)
  • By Night in Chile by Roberto Bolano
  • The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
  • The Boat by Nam Le (Australian)
  • Lean on Pete by Willy Vlautin
  • George Orwell's Collected Essays: Bookshop Memories (1936) by George Orwell
Again, not as many Australian books as I would have liked but I will try and pick it up if I can. There are just so many good books out there from all over the place it's hard to choose the next read!
 
Page Turners First Birthday
 
Page Turners celebrated its first birthday on 22 June 2010. I can't believe it; it has gone so quickly. Check out my celebration of all of my firsts here at Page Turners. There are some interesting things there. I had an Australian book giveaway to celebrate, and these were the winners.
 
Challenges
 
I completed the Chunkster Challenge and aimed to join in with the Summer at Hogwarts read along although I haven't been doing it all that well.
 
Literary Discussion
 
I listened to my first audiobook this month, Pride and Prejudice. It was a great experience, and I discussed my experiences here. I also had a very intense reading experience with We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver that really disturbed me. 
 
Memes and Miscellaneous
 
I completed and Australian questionnaire and provided a link to a hilarious video clip of librarians dancing around to their own song!
 
I also participated in my usual memes (It's Monday! What are you reading? and Teaser Tuesday) and posted my usual features (Light's Camera Blog Action and Book Beginnings on Friday). You can see them by clicking on the relevant label in the sidebar.
 
And that was June! Thanks for coming back again and again, I love sharing my book obsession with you all.

No comments