Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK ROwling

Until the later books in this series, The Prisoner of Azkaban was my favourite of the Harry Potter series. I loved that it was the first book of the series where Voldemort doesn't appear. It served to remind me that there was a bigger story going on behind the scenes, and one that we were finally getting real glimpses of.

I also loved meeting the character of Lupin and getting to know Sirius more after his appearance in The Chamber of Secrets. Trelawney was a funny character as well, and I love that having read all of the series, it is now possible to read the clues is The Prisoner of Azkaban that establish the important role she has already (and unknowingly) played in Harry's life. 

Harry, Ron and Hermione's school life became much more exciting with the introduction of their electives. I loved how Hermione kept brushing the boys off when they asked her about her busy timetable - she is so marvellous the way she can be so haughty and supercilious with them when at the same time she is concealing a big secret. 

The way that we get to live through the end of the story for a second time but from a different angle (if not a different perspective) makes the ending a fabulous one.

The Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the best books of the series.

Summary

What kind of read is this?
It is a children's book, so it is quick and easy to read, but it is truly magical.

Do I recommend this book?
There are not many other books that I could recommend more strongly than books in the Harry Potter series.

Do I recommend that you buy this book?
Yes Yes Yes


Star Rating

8 / 8


One of the best books I have ever read. Everyone should read it - it is totally amazing. I am in love.

What was your favourite part of The Prisoner of Azkaban? Was is the new subjects? The new characters? Or something else?


Originally posted 18 August 2010 Page Turners

No comments