Aussie Author Challenge 2010: Complete


AUSSIE AUTHOR CHALLENGE COMPLETE

Earlier this year I started up my own Aussie Author Challenge. The goal was to read more Australian books and there were 3 levels:
  • Ankle biter: 4 books
  • Grouse: 8 books
  • Bloody Oath!: 12 books
The rules were that the books must be by an Australian author and must be fiction - and that was it! It's not too late to join in - just click on the link above.

Joanne from Booklover Books is also running an Aussie Author Challenge, with similar rules, and the upper level was 8 books.

I am very happy to announce that I have finished the challenge! These are the books that I have read so far, with links to the reviews if you are interested in having a look at some of them:

An Iron Rose by Peter Temple (crime)
Boat, The by Nam Le (short story collection)
Book Thief, The by Markus Zusak (contemporary)
Capricornia by Xavier Herbert (classic)
Legacy, The by Kristin Tranter (contemporary)
Lilian's Story by Kate Grenville (contemporary)
Moral Hazard by Kate Jennings (contemporary)
Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay (classic)
Secret River, The by Kate Grenville (contemporary)
Spare Room, The by Helen Garner (contemporary)
Timeless Land, The by Eleanor Dark (classic)
Transit of Venus, The by Shirley Hazzard (literary)

I will still have many more Australian books read by the end of the year (in fact I have another review of an Australian book coming up tomorrow if you check back in the afternoon), but I am pleased to have completed my second challenge of the year!

It's never too late to join this challenge!


Originally posted 7 July 2010 Page Turners

No comments