The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain


I read this book as an ebook on my iphone. It can be hard to read books on a phone, but this one worked perfectly for 'e-reading'. I had heard that Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn were difficult to read, but I found The Adventures of Tom Sawyer an easy and fun read. The book itself essentially just recounts the adventures of Tom Sawyer (hence the title!), a young boy out to have fun.

What I loved most about it was how it rambled from adventure to adventure so smoothly. I thought it was a lovely depiction of childhood adventures. It reminded me of when I was young and used to go down to the local creek and play imaginary games that seemed so real (or I wanted to be so real!). And I loved that just when you're thinking "How cute is he, that’s a great story to imagine!", his imaginings actually turn out to be true.

There's not a lot I want to say about this book, except that it's very sweet and worth reading!

Now I'll have to read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn next!



Star Rating

6 / 8

Really enjoyable and well written. I woul recommend it. 



Originally posted 16 July 2009 Page Turners

No comments