Sydney Book Fair Randwick October 2009

Well, I took Friday off work as a flex day and went to the Sydney Book Fair at Randwick Racecourse. The book fair was amazing. There were so many good books, I could barely control myself. Even Pablo bought a couple of books for himself.

I got some amazing titles:

The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, Selected Stories by Anton Chekhov, Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay, The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve, My Career Goes Bung by Miles Franklin, Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz, Remembering Babylon by David Malouf, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, American Rhapsody by Joe Eszterhas, The Sweet and Simple Kind by Yasmine Gooneratne, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories by Washington Irving, Chocolat by Joanne Harris, Contemporary Classics by Don Anderson (ed), The City of Beasts by Isabel Allende, Robbery Under Arms by Rolf Boldrewood, The Secret River by Kate Grenville, Power Without Glory by Frank Hardy, The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier, The Vintner's Luck by Elizabeth Knox, Moral Hazard by Kate Jennings, Surfacing by Margaret Atwood and The Cockatoos by Patrick White.

I am reading The Breaker at the moment but should finish it in the next few days. If there is a book here that anyone has been thinking of reading, or would like to read, or isn't sure if they want to read it or not, leave a comment and I'll see if I can read it next and review it when I'm finished.

Thank goodness for book fairs!

Originally posted 25 October 2009 Page Turners

No comments