Father Frank by Paul Burke

A Blast from the Past is a weekly meme where I intend to review book that I read in the past that has had some form of impact upon me, whether it be good or bad.

My recommendation for today is Father Frank by Paul Burke.

This was a great little find at a bookstore under Central Station in Sydney. It is the story of Father Frank, a Roman Catholic priest that, strangely enough, doesn't believe in God. Having said that, he loves his job, and doesn't regret the time and work he put in to become a parish priest. He loves working with people and he improves their lives in many respects. I hope that this doesn't offend anyone, I know the thought of a priest that doesn't believe in God is horrifying, but this is a story, and a really nice one. Despite the deep love he holds for his job, Frank has cause to question everything when he meets Sarah, who puts his vows to the test.

I really love this book. It's a very quick and easy read, just really sweet and fun. The characters are funny, the language is funny, it's a comedy. I would definitely love someone else to read it and enjoy it like I did.

Originally posted 17 January 2010 Page Turners

No comments