Back from holidays: January 2010

Hello!

If anyone has been wondering about my apparent absence over the last few days, that is because I have been on a 3-day holiday to Surfers Paradise in Queensland.

I had a great time. We stayed in a lovely hotel right near the beach and spent a lot of time wandering through the shops and swimming in the pool - with cocktails of course. We also went a full day trip yesterday up to Mt Tambourine, which involved a 4WD tour, complete with walks through the rainforest, bird feeding and whip and boomerang lessons.

I did have some posts scheduled for while I was away, and I hope you enjoyed them. It was funny to come back from away and look at how activity on Page Turners dwindled each day I was away. I think that's an important lesson - to make the most of blogging for yourself and for everyone else, being active on your own and on other people's blogs is very important. I definitely missed looking at what everyone was reading while I was away.

Thanks for everyone that left comments while I was away - I was also really happy to see that my followers have raised to 39! 1 more until the end of my 40+ Competition and 2 more winners will be announced! I was also pleased to see that I have won an award from another blogger - but I will have a separate post about that later.

I finished off 2 books while I was away - Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. They were both wonderful and reviews will be on their way!

I hope that everyone is well and enjoying their reading.


Originally posted 7 February 2010 Page Turners

No comments