A favourite unknown author: Douglas Kennedy

Who is your favourite unknown author, that no one else reads and you can't quite understand why?

It took me awhile to think of one, but my chosen author is Douglas Kennedy, has anyone heard of him? None of my friends have read his books.

He wrote an absolutely AMAZING book called The Pursuit of Happiness, a love story in the McCarthy communist era in America. I cried my eyes out in this book and couldn't put it down the first time I read it. I have re-read it a million times and it is just as good with every single re-reading. I have read a couple of his other books as well, which while not as good as The Pursuit of Happiness were still pretty good.

I think everyone should read The Pursuit of Happiness - this author is worth giving a go!

Originally posted 21 January 2010 Page Turners

No comments