My reading Goals for 2010


My 2010 goal

New Years Eve is supposed to be about making resolutions, and whilst I don't go into that sort of thing (usually I'm just setting myself up to fail), I have decided what my goal for 2010 will be.

Perhaps I should explain. Earlier this year I made a catalogue of all my books, just to keep a record of them. Of the 180 approximately that I owned, only around 30 of them were by Australian authors. Now I am from Australia, born and bred in Sydney, and I thought that it was sad that I seemed to be placing such little emphasis on literature from my own country. So, I started reading more. This year, though, I have found that I was reading a lot more of the Australian classics than anything more recently written.


So, my goal for 2010 is to read more modern Australian literature.
I want to stay up to date with new Australian releases, particularly Australian authors whose debut novels have been published. I think it's important that I stay up to date with literature from my own country, and I support the industry in Australia. I'm really looking forward to it.

What about you? What is your goal for 2010?




Originally posted 23 December 2009 Page Turners

No comments