Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Book Details

Ebook
Project Gutenberg

Book Review

I decided to read this one because I knew that the movie with Johnny Depp is coming out very soon and I wanted to re-live the book before I went to see the movie. I had read it as a child, but it was good to re-read it.

The book really is magical. I forgot how short it is, but also how much fun it is. What I really like about it is that it is exactly like a dream; the way that things just change with no explanation for warning, or the way that unsual things seem to absolutely make sense. I had forgotten all about the Duchess from reading it as a child, but it was good to be reminded of her, she is such an unusual character, with seemingly little purpose. Just like a dream.

This one is definitely worth re-reading as an adult.

Summary

What kind of read is this?
It's a children's book, so its obviously easy and quick, but I would describe this as a magical read.

Do I recommend it?

Yes. I love how it recreates the dream world.

Do I recommend that you buy it?
Yes I do. I think it's a lovely book to have on the bookshelf, especially if you have kids or grandkids.



Star Rating

Brilliant. Couldn't put it down. Recommend that you buy it.





Originally posted 20 February 2010 Page Turners

No comments